Some useful expressions for letter writing

Gratitude
- l’m just writing to thank you for....
- It was very kind of you to ....
- Thanks very much for ....
- I am very grateful for ....

Giving advice
- Well, I thought about it and if I were you, I would ....
- Have you thought about ....?
- In your last letter you said you weren’t sure what course of action to take, I suggest ....
- I think you shouldn’t ....
- In your last letter you asked me about ...., I think ....


Some useful expressions for letter writing


Delivering good news
- I’m sure you will be happy to hear that ....
- l am sure that you’ll be interested to know that ....
- By the way, did you know that ....?
- OMG!!You’ll never guess what happened!
- I am totally ecstatic to hear about ....
- I was happy beyond limits to read that ....

Delivering bad news
- I’m sorry but I have to tell you that
- Bad news, I’m afraid, but no way to avoid it, so here it goes ....
- I’m extremely sorry to hear that ....
- It was heart wrenching to read about ....

Asking for help
- I wonder if you could help me.
- I hope it’s not too much to ask but ....
- I wonder if I could ask you a favor. Could you ....?

Apologizing
- I would like to apologize for ....
- I’m so sorry that ....
- Words are not enough to erase the pain I have given you but I want to say how sorry I am ....

Comments

Popular Posts